Friday 2 August 2013

Another work in progress

It has been lovely visiting my parents in Kuala Lumpur.  I can't believe that we've been here almost 3 weeks and it's almost time to head back to London.

The nice thing about being on holiday is the holiday projects.  This time I took 1 knitting project and 1 crochet project.

With my knitting project, I wanted to knit a sample in the Silkie Merino in the fingering weight.  So I jumped on the bandwagon and started a Song of the Sea cowl, by Louise Zass-Bangham.  Here's the link to the pattern on Ravelry.  OMG - I love the Silkie Merino base.  I think I might make myself a top in that base.  It's perfect for this warmer weather.  This is the progress so far.  I just have one repeat of the large waves left to go.  Hopefully, this won't take much longer......  The colour is a silvery lilac (it has more variegation in real life) which I may name Daenerys.



And my other project is a crochet project.  My intention is to make a blanket in all the colourways of Sokkusu O.  Well, I say all, but I don't have all of the colourways, especially the one hit wonders.   The pattern is from Purl bee - Bear's Rainbow blanket.  The link is here. Here's the progress so far. It's going to be a long term project!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment